- Kyiv, Pozniaky Osokorky, 14-А Anna Akhmatova Str.
- Obolon, 24-A Avenue of Heroes of Stalingrad
- Solomenskyi District, 2/4 Levka Matsievycha Str.
- 8:00 - 21:00
Treatment and extraction of teeth under anesthesia in Kiev
- Dental treatment while sleeping
- Extraction and treatment of teeth under general anesthesia for children and adults
- Who needs general sedation in dentistry?
- Treatment of children in medication sleep
- Which children are suitable for general anesthesia?
- At what age a child can be treated under anesthesia?
- How the introduction of children into medical sleep is carried out?
- The technology of dental treatment under anesthesia in 2023
- Where to treat teeth under anesthesia for a child and adults?
- Types of sedation in dental clinics (Kyiv)
- Benefits of superficial dental anesthesia
- How does dental sedation work in one visit?
- An alternative to deep sedation in dentistry
- How much does the treatment under anesthesia cost for adults and children?
- Reviews of sedation at Lumi-Dent dental clinics
Dental treatment while sleeping
In 2023, anesthesiologists are working at the Lumi-Dent dental clinics in Kyiv in the Obolon, Solomenka and Poznyaky districts, who can provide the extraction or treatment of teeth under general anesthesia (under sedation) in one visit and at a low cost.
You will not feel pain from manipulations and be afraid when treating teeth under anesthesia in Lumi-Dent clinics.
More precisely, the child or adult organism is in a state of drug-induced sleep – it is general sedation in dentistry.
Photo. Reception under intravenous sedation (anesthesia) in Lumident dentistry.
Extraction and treatment of teeth under general anesthesia for children and adults
The service of general sedation in adult and pediatric dentistry is popular among the patients, such as both adults and children have a great fear of any procedure at the dentist.
Under general sedation in dentistry, the following procedures can be performed:
- removal of temporary and permanent teeth, including third molars;
- all other directions of dental care are also possible under general anesthesia.
Quite a few visitors of our dentistry have a discomfort before dental treatment. This fear was generated by Soviet medicine, when anesthetics were weak, there was still no complete sedation in dentistry, and the approach of dentists was not client-oriented.
Having experienced serious pain several times at a doctor's appointment, of course, there is no great desire to return the discomfort.
Therefore, many people deliberately do not go to the doctor when a problem occurs, they clog pain with pills in the hope that "it will go away by itself." However, this position is quite a serious misconception that leads to an aggravation of the problem, an increase in the cost of dental services, and often to the teeth extraction, and subsequently to an expensive dental implantation.
Fortunately, today you can forever stop being afraid of visiting a dentist with the help of general sedation in the Lumi-Dent dental clinics (Kyiv).
Is anybody here who does not dream to cure all teeth at once, especially to do it under general anesthesia? Fall asleep in one visit and wake up completely cured after intravenous sedation.
Dental treatment in a medical sleep can be safely performed not only for adults, but also for a child.
Photo. Treatment under general sedation, dentistry Lumident on Poznyaky.
Who needs general sedation in dentistry?
Who chooses sleep removal or dental treatment under general dental anesthesia:
- Those who have a great fear of any visit to the dentist – they do not feel anything in a medical sleep;
- People who are allergic to local anesthetics - drugs for general medical sleep practically do not give allergic reactions;
- Those who want to pull out or cure everything at once, with maximum comfort for themselves, especially if there is a long work ahead, more than 2 hours. It is quite difficult to cure all the problems in one visit without dental anesthesia, since it is difficult to keep your mouth open for a long time. In dentistry, when treating in medication sleep, a special fixator performs this work.
- Quite often, our clients prefer to be treated in medication sleep when installing veneers, implants, total prosthetics or treating multiple caries in one visit.
- Removal of third molars under anesthesia - medical sleep allows the patient not to suffer for a long time, because sometimes this operation takes an hour or more, and all the time the patient has to keep his mouth as wide open as possible, because it is often extremely difficult to get to the tooth. It is much easier for the surgeon to remove third molars under general anesthesia, since the patient lies quietly in his sleep, and does not interfere with the doctor performing extremely difficult and responsible removal, often with cutting out a section of the jawbone with a piezotome, and then suturing the hard-to-reach area. Removing a wisdom tooth in a medical sleep is an extremely popular procedure among our patients.
- General sedation is especially relevant in pediatric dentistry when treating children. Most of them are very afraid to open their mouths to the doctor, and even more to give them to do something there.
Treatment of children in medication sleep
In the Lumi-Dent dental clinics in Kyiv, there is a special team of anesthesiologists licensed in pediatric anesthesiology.
Photo. A doctors team and an anesthesiologist are ready to treat the child in while sleeping, Lumident clinic.
Dental treatment for children under anesthesia is safe, moreover, the child will not develop a lifelong fear of visiting the dentist.
The cost of treating temporary teeth under general anesthesia for children sequence higher than for adults. This is due to a higher price for children's drugs, equipment for treating children in medication sleep, and payment for the work of pediatric dentistry specialists.
When treating a child under sedation, the doctor uses slightly different sedatives. Droppers may not be used so as not to scare the child with injections. The child either inhales the drug through a mask, or receives a verified dose of anesthetic intravenously through a catheter and falls asleep, and upon completion of dental treatment (after 10-15 minutes), the pediatric anesthesiologist removes him from general sedation.
Pediatric dentistry with sedation is the best method to treat and pull out a child's teeth.
Which children are suitable for general anesthesia?
Treatment of teeth under anesthesia for children is recommended in the following cases:
- the child's character is non-contact;
- there is a negative experience of visiting the dentist (it was painful, very unpleasant, the consultation lasted a long time, and the child developed fear, or there is a reluctance to visit a dentist);
- a lot of pediatric dentistry procedures (when there is no time, but it is necessary to remove or treat several temporary teeth at once. It is more convenient, easier and faster for a child to pull out and treat temporary teeth under anesthesia than to do it under local anesthesia).
At what age a child can be treated under anesthesia?
The treatment of children under anesthesia has its own contraindications. The age of a child under 1 year in pediatric dentistry with anesthesia is the first of them, upon reaching the minimum age, the doctor can already work with children under dental sedation, if the latter are completely healthy.
Before the start of dental treatment for children in medication sleep, an interview with parents is mandatory, in order to ensure that the child does not have allergic reactions to any pharmaceutical drugs.
We take care of the safety of your child - general sedation in the Lumi-Dent dental clinics (Kyiv) is carried out only after a meticulous examination.
How the introduction of children into medical sleep is carried out?
After inserting the catheter (using a mask), the child falls asleep within 5-7 seconds. While the little patient is under sedation, he does not experience any unpleasant sensations.
So that when the drug is administered intravenously, the child also does not experience discomfort, mild anesthetics are often used before sedation at the area of the catheter fixation.
At the end of the procedure, children begin to wake up in 10-15 minutes. Full awakening after sleep is within an hour. At this time, the little ones do not experience any unpleasant sensations (nausea, headaches and dizziness).
Photo. Introduction to sedation before long-term dental treatment, dentistry Lumident on Obolon.
The technology of dental treatment under anesthesia in 2023
The treatment under general sedation makes dental visits very comfortable. You can no longer worry about any unpleasant or painful sensations.
You should come to the dental clinic, lay down in a chair and fall asleep. When you wake up, everything has been already done. Nothing hurt and nothing hurts. You have not seen anything and do not remember anything. What is better and more comfortable for the patient?
What can be done in dentistry with a full sedation:
- pull out a child's teeth;
- remove third molars under anesthesia;
- extraction of teeth under anesthesia, for example, with periodontal disease;
- anesthesia at the dentist will make dental implantation comfortable;
- treat children and adults who have allergies to conventional injections;
- anesthesia allows teeth to be inserted by the dentist;
- treatment under sedation for children, who don’t even allow to open the mouth;
- almost all other dental manipulations.
Where to treat teeth under anesthesia for a child and adults?
It is necessary to treat teeth in under anesthesia only with professionals, such as it is an extremely responsible procedure.
We declare with full responsibility that the team of the Lumi-Dent dental clinic network has all the necessary skills, permits, equipment and qualified personnel to conduct superficial and deep general sedation at a high, and most importantly, a safe level for the health of a child and an adult.
Professional anesthesiologists, who guarantee complete comfort, reliability and safety of the procedure under anesthesia, if you decide to cure your teeth in a medical sleep, are at your service.
Most importantly, the Lumi-Dent dental clinics on the Right and Left Banks of the capital have all the necessary equipment and drugs, as well as a special medical license that allows us to treat patients with anesthesia.
Photo. Sedation for a child in dentistry Lumident.
Types of sedation in dental clinics (Kyiv)
The provision of dental care under sedation occurs in several degrees of conduct - superficial and deep.
- With deep dental sedation in dentistry, the client is completely immersed in sleep and does not remember all the details of the treatment.
- During superficial sedation, the patient is conscious, but he has no pain, fears and worries associated with the treatment.
Benefits of superficial dental anesthesia
- The patient is in touch and reacts to the doctor's words, so the treatment is of a better quality - there is an opportunity to take control pictures, turn your head, rinse your mouth, and so on;
- There is less toxic load on the body, since a much smaller amount of the drug is injected;
- The risks associated with respiratory arrest and heart problems are significantly reduced.
There are no absolute contraindications to carrying out procedures under general sedation in dentistry, only serious mental and cardiovascular diseases are relative exceptions.
Photo. Sleep treatment in our clinic.
How does dental sedation work in one visit?
- A person lies down on a chair, and an anesthesiologist inserts an ordinary IV catheter into a vein of the arm;
- Using a manual method (syringe) or an automatic method (using a special device - an infusometer), the anesthesiologist begins to inject a special drug for general sedation;
- Rapid and deep sleep occurs quickly, during which the visitor does not feel pain or other discomfort.
After treatment under general anesthesia for an hour, the patient is in our dental clinics in Kyiv under the supervision of an anesthesiologist. An hour after sedation, it is possible to carry out normal activities, work, drive a car.
An alternative to deep sedation in dentistry
Medical sleep is a safe procedure today, but there is an easier alternative in the form of painless local computer anesthesia.
All our dental clinics are equipped with this technology, and it is by right the most popular among the visitors of Lumi-Dent dental clinics.
Photo. STA device for local computer anesthesia.
How much does the treatment under anesthesia cost for adults and children?
The cost of extraction and treatment of teeth under general anesthesia for adult patients is 3850 UAH per hour.
For children, calculating the cost of general anesthesia is more complicated. A consultation with a pediatric anesthesiologist will cost 600 UAH. Dental treatment under general anesthesia for a child in pediatric dentistry for 1 hour costs 3960 UAH. It will also be necessary to pay for the service of removing the child from sedation - 3500 UAH.
See the cost of dental treatment under anesthesia and other services in the "Dentistry prices" section.
For those who do not have a strong fear of visiting the dentist, we are pleased to offer a very reliable and painless computer anesthesia without the use of a syringe. When it is carried out, even the stage of introducing, the anesthetic into the tissues is painless.
Read more about this technology on the "Computer Anesthesia".
Reviews of sedation at Lumi-Dent dental clinics
Video reviews of our patients about the treatment in the medication sleep can be seen in the "Dentistry reviews" section.
Summary statistics on the services of anesthesia, sedation and anesthesia provided in 2022 in the Lumi-Dent dental clinics on the Right and Left Banks of Kyiv, in the Obolon, Pozniaky, Osokorky, Kharkovskyi, Bereznyaky, Rusanovka, Darnytskyi, Levoberezhna, Solomianskyi districts:
|Computer anesthesia STA||16594|
|Dental treatment under sedation for adults||1165|
|Dental treatment under anesthesia for children||196|
|Extraction of teeth with anesthesia||914|
|Extraction of third molars with anesthesia||195|
It is not difficult to heal your teeth in one visit with anesthesia!
|Nitrous oxide sedation (15 minutes)||675 UAH|
|Consultation with an anesthesiologist doctor (for adults)||600 UAH|
|Dream Dentistry for adults (1 hour)||3850 UAH|
|Consultation of a pediatric anesthetist||600 UAH|
|Dream Dentistry for children (1 hour)||3960 UAH|
|Anesthesia care for children (recovery from sedation) (1 hour)||3500 UAH|
|Tooth extraction under total anesthesia||from 4740 UAH to 5050 UAH|
|Wisdom tooth extraction under total anesthesia||from 5740 UAH to 6350 UAH|
A person is put into a medical sleep during this dental implantation procedure. The patient sleeps, does not feel anything and does not remember what is happening.
- Local anesthesia – computer anesthesia. It reliably anesthetizes the desired area of the jaw;
- General sedation, or anesthesia, or medical sleep - a person falls asleep for the entire duration of dental implantation. Most often, propofol is injected.
- the pediatric anesthesiologist lets the child breathe nitrous oxide, then administers intravenous general sedation.
- the surgeon removes teeth;
- the child wakes up in 20 minutes and you can go home.
Pediatric dentistry with sedation in Kiev is available in all Lumi-Dent clinics. For contacts and phone numbers of dentistry, see the specified link.
This is a general sedation procedure in which the patient falls asleep, does not feel or remember anything from the dental treatment process. Medical sleep is carried out by intravenous or mask method, the first method is used more often.
To treat teeth in a medical sleep, the clinic must have:
- special license for anesthesiology;
- necessary equipment.
Video reviews of dental treatment for a child under sedation can be viewed on the page "Reviews of dentistry". There are also text reviews about dental treatment for a child under anesthesia.
In principle, the age of the child for general sedation does not matter.
You can treat your child's teeth in a medication sleep (under sedation):
- at 1 year;
- 2 years;
- 3 years;
- 4 years;
- 5 years;
- 6 years;
General sedation is acceptable for infants from 2 weeks of age, if indicated.
It is possible and even necessary, especially if the child is very afraid to open his mouth in the dentist's chair.
Treating of temporary teeth in a medication sleep is a common procedure in our clinics, which allows our dentists to perform their work with high quality and save the nerves of children and their parents.
Reviews of the treatment of children under anesthesia are very positive.
In modern dentistry, the following sedation for dental treatment is used:
According to the method of introducing a sedative into the body, sedation is:
- oral (tablets, medicines);
Sedation for children is a real salvation for the youngest patients, a relief for their parents and a factor of comfortable work for the doctor.
As a rule, this is xenon mask sedation, which is recommended:
- during the first visit to pediatric dentistry (prevention of dentophobia in adulthood);
- before the upcoming complex treatment (it can be difficult for children of 4–6 years to sit in the dentist's chair even during 10 minutes, and even more so to sit motionless for 40–50 minutes);
- when removing temporary teeth and other surgical procedures.
Numerous studies have confirmed that inhaled sedation for children is a completely safe method of support for treatment of any level of complexity.
Its use is possible literally from the first years of a child's life, if a qualified doctor of pediatric dentistry carries out the calculation of dosage and treatment, in principle.
Teeth, including third molars, are removed under all available types of sedation:
- medical sleep (intravenous sedation);
- inhalation sedation with xenon, with local anesthesia.
In dentistry, the following drugs are most commonly used for sedation:
- nitrous oxide.
According to the American Society of Anesthesiologists, anesthesia and sedation are the stages of a drug-controlled change in the patient's conditions.
The last step in this chain of state transition is anesthesia, and the chain is the following:
- minimal sedation - the introduction of sedatives in a small amount, combined with local anesthesia;
- superficial sedation (treatment the bright-eyed patient);
- over-sedation or deep sedation (partial consciousness or treatment while asleep);
- general anesthesia.
- treatment in dentistry, in which a patient can remain bright-eyed (which is excluded under general anesthesia);
- manipulation, which has practically no side effects (while from anesthesia sometimes it is necessary to withdraw up to a day);
- impact on the body, which does not carry an additional load on the liver;
- a procedure after which a person can immediately return to business (including driving).
The Lumi-Dent dental clinics are located in the following areas:
- Darnytskyi district;
- Solomianskyi district;
- Obolon district.
If we are talking about medical sleep, the patient is injected with a sedative drug intravenously, and then its level in the blood is maintained either manually or using a special apparatus - an infusometer.
A certified physician anesthesiologist does this job.
If we talk about dental treatment under inhalation anesthesia, in this case, a tube from another device is inserted into the patient's nose, through which he inhales a soothing gas.
Dental sedation is a method of medicinal action on a patient in dentistry with special drugs that inhibit the central nervous system and weaken its reactions to external and internal stimulus:
- psychic tension;
Depending on the goals set by the dentist, sedation during dental treatment can be shallow or deep.
Sign up for free online consultation