Toothache - What to do? How to Remove Toothache?
- What to do if you have a toothache?
- Analgetics for toothache in Ukraine
- How to remove a toothache at home?
- What to do if you have an extreme toothache?
- Toothache Treatment - How to Treat and Cure it?
- How to remove, relieve and soothe extreme toothache in a short time?
- Why does a toothache appear?
- What should you do if a toothache appears during hyperesthesia?
- Traumatic fracture
- What should you do if pain appears during a traumatic fracture?
- What should you do if a tooth with caries hurts?
- How to anesthetize a tooth?
- What should be done if a tooth kills you during periostitis?
- What should be done if a tooth hurts extremely during pericoronitis?
What to do if you have a toothache?
How to remove and soothe, how to relieve a toothache in the affected tooth?
A toothache is a pain feeling that occurs in the affected tooth or the surrounding tissues - the periodontium.
As a rule, a twinge of toothache appears with inflammation and disintegration of the neurovascular bundle - the pulp.
Inflammation or damage to various kinds of alveolar tissue can also cause aching toothache:
- bone tissue of the jaws;
- chewing muscles.
Do not reassure yourself that a sharp toothache at night or during the day arose by accident. For example, with caries, the tooth hurts due to the presence of a cavity and infection.
You can temporarily remove pain in the affected tooth with pain relievers, but only a dentist in a specialized clinic will help you to get rid of pain feelings.
Analgetics for toothache in Ukraine
The following 2 types of effective drugs - strong analgetics can relieve you of a toothache for some time:
- Analgesics (when a toothache is sore, we recommend to take pain relievers such as analgin, solpadein, tempalgin, ketanov, fanigan) - medications help soothe acute toothache by blocking pain centers in the brain for a short time;
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (if a tooth aches, we recommend to take pain relieving pills such as dexalgin, ibuprofen, novigan, nimesil, denebol, and crazulide). These drugs help relieve inflammation, which leads to a rapid pain relieving effect;
- Dental drops.
A more complete list of names of pills for toothache - how to anesthetize a tooth in Ukraine:
- the most powerful drugs are Ketorolac tablets (ketanov);
- Kofan, analgetics;
- Solpadein, effervescent tablets;
- Solpadein Active, tablets;
- Aster, analgetics;
- Imet tablets;
- "Anti Flu";
Also, in case of a toothache, there are the following effective drugs:
- pain relievers Rapten Rapid;
- Citramon tablets;
- "Nimid Forte";
- "Fanigan" pain-relieving tablets;
- Ibuprom (ibuprofen);
- Citramon tablets;
- Tempalgin - pain reliever tablets from the tooth.
How to remove a toothache at home?
Photo. You can soothe a toothache with garlic.
Tips on how to get rid of a toothache at home without drugs:
- Rinse and mechanically clean food stuck in the affected tooth - with a toothpick or floss. Rinsing should be done with warm water, add a pinch of salt or soda there;
- Hold the affected tooth in vodka;
More recommendations - how to remove a toothache at home:
- Put a piece of ice on the side where the tooth hurts.
- Do not chew on the side of the affected tooth.
- Open your mouth less often, as the cold air currents can aggravate toothache.
Home remedies - how to remove a toothache at home without drugs:
- Rinse your teeth with tincture of chamomile, sage, mint, turmeric;
- Make a cold compress from tea leaves, clove essential oil, calendula, turmeric, this helps to numb the place where the tooth hurts;
- Chew dried cloves, onions, garlic on the side of the aching tooth.
What to do if you have an extreme toothache?
- take an analgetic;
- if you have an extreme toothache, the dentists in Lumi-Dent clinics will serve you without an appointment;
- dentists will provide you with an ambulance;
- then they will make an appointment for a scheduled visit.
Toothache Treatment - How to Treat and Cure it?
The main steps to remove a toothache in dental clinics:
- Examination in the chair of the dentist.
It usually takes no more than 5 minutes;
- X-ray diagnostics.
It is held directly here, you do not need to go anywhere. Either a digital sighting dental image is made using a radiovisiograph, or a computed tomography of the segment. Such a diagnosis is necessary to understand the nature and cause of a toothache;
- Reliable anaesthesia provides the ability to soothe a toothache immediately.
In our clinics, local anesthesia is carried out using a unique computer anesthesia, which is equipped with every doctor's office.
Photo. Acute pain in dentistry can be immediately relieved by STA anesthesia without a syringe.
At will, the patient is immersed in a medication sleep. It is a safe general sedation in which you sleep during the treatment procedure. Our clinics are equipped with special equipment for treatment under general anesthesia, we are licensed for this service.
- Direct toothache treatment.
Treatment that is guaranteed to remove the cause of the discomfort. Usually, treatment is carried out under a dental microscope, which is equipped with every treatment room. Depending on the cause of the toothache, the treatment is completely different.
The main advantage of treatment in Lumi-Dent clinics is that we serve all people with extreme toothache out of turn, to provide ambulance services. While waiting for an appointment, you can immediately ask for analgetic at the reception.
Thereafter, already in a comfortable state, we will sign you up for a further scheduled appointment.
Photo. Treatment with a microscope at the Lumi-Dent clinic.
How to remove, relieve and soothe extreme toothache in a short time?
Dentistry treatment is often associated with intense experiences for many older people. But all of this is a thing of the past. Modern technology and the latest generation of pain relievers help to relieve a toothache in a short time.
Therefore, if you have extreme toothache at night - do not postpone your visit to the doctor - in the morning you should visit the dentist at the Lumi-Dent clinics.
Every day of attempts to get rid of pills and folk remedies for toothache at home will lead to the fact that the tissues are more destroyed and your treatment will be much more expensive.
In addition, significantly advanced caries threatens not only with removal by the surgeon, but also carries a serious danger to your life. The purulent process gradually spreads lower into the cervical spine, then to the heart, which can cause death.
Why does a toothache appear?
Most often, a tooth hurts for the following reasons:
It is an excessive sensitivity which occurs due to the occurrence of wedge-shaped defects, exposure of the necks, significant abrasion of the enamel, and trauma.
Hyperesthesia is expressed by aching toothache when exposed to stimuli, eating food. At the same time, soreness is felt only when the stimulus acts, and quickly calms down when it is eliminated.
What should you do if a toothache appears during hyperesthesia?
Special substances containing fluorine or calcium compounds are applied to sensitive areas. Medicines saturate enamel and dentin with mineral elements and form a tamper-evident seal.
This tamper-evident seal has a neutralizing effect of adverse factors (pain reagents, temperature changes, other chemical and physical reagents), and prevents toothache.
Traumatic fracture is a mechanical injury in the supragingival or subgingival part.
In case of injury, most often part of the crown breaks off with exposure of the nerve, the tooth hurts while eating, as well as when exposed to various stimuli.
What should you do if pain appears during a traumatic fracture?
- If you feel a twinge of toothache, you should take an analgesic pill and visit the dentist immediately;
- It is necessary to take an X-ray of the jaw, then, based on the information received, dentists select the optimal method for solving the problem;
- Conservative treatment with the preservation of the nerve is possible if the tissue separation is insignificant, with a slight opening of the pulp;
- If you have a significant root fracture, it is necessary to fill the root canal, followed by filling it with medicinal pastes.
Caries is a slowly destructive process in the enamel and dentin, which eventually leads to the appearance of a cavity (carious), or, as they say in everyday life, a hole in the tooth.
Carious lesions are the most common dental disease. In the absence of medical care, caries can significantly destroy the tissues of an affected tooth.
With a lesion, a toothache is severe or periodically nagging, a tooth hurts when food enters the carious cavity or is exposed to high or low temperatures.
A tooth affected by caries can hurt due to the effect of various stimuli (usually cold and heat) on the exposed nerve endings of the pulp. After eliminating the irritating factors, the toothache disappears.
What should you do if a tooth with caries hurts?
To cure a carious lesion, the dentist removes the cause - cleans the focus and places a filling on the tooth, made of modern high-quality materials.
Pulpitis is a situation when a tooth hurts from an inflamed nerve - the pulp.
The disease is accompanied by acute toothache, the entire jaw hurts for no reason, more often at night. The longer the inflammatory process lasts, the longer the tooth will disturb.
In the initial stages of nerve inflammation, the tooth hurts a lot for several seconds, after which the pain quickly disappears.
Acute toothache is characteristic of purulent pulpitis. The pain can be so extreme that even pain-relieving pills will not help to lessen pain at home.
In the neglected cases, the pain is constant and spreads to all parts of the trigeminal nerve, it becomes especially unbearable at night. It can happen that a tooth is sick from food, mechanical and chemical reagents.
If untreated, the acute form of the disease is transformed into a chronic one. Aching toothache at night is lessened and occurs in case of mechanical or temperature stimuli (from cold), especially when cold air is inhaled.
Photo. Pulpitis development scheme.
How to anesthetize a tooth?
- The dentist first removes the affected neurovascular structures from the root canals;
- Then he fills the canals and the cavity with special materials.
The situation becomes more difficult if it hurts under the prosthesis - what should be done in this situation? A tooth hurts under a crown or bridge most often due to the same pulpitis or periodontitis - inflammation of the tooth nerve.
For the dentist to be able to access the pulp chamber and root canals, the bridge or crown must be cut and removed.
If the crown is thick (metal), and there is not much time, it is allowed to simply make a hole along the chewing surface, and through it, remove the inflamed nerve and treat the canals.
Periodontitis is an acute or chronic purulent inflammation of the ligamentous tissue surrounding the root - periodontal.
In this case, the diseased tooth is sensitive after pressing on it. The stage of inflammation affects the intensity of pain.
There are 2 known forms of periodontal inflammation:
During the acute form, a person experiences severe toothache, especially the root of the tooth hurts when biting on it.
It is possible to enlarge the lymph nodes located under the lower jaw and in the neck. During chronic inflammation, the jaw does not bother so much, more often the root of the tooth hurts when it is hot, and sometimes there is no pain at all.
How to anesthetize a tooth?
What a dentist usually does if a tooth aches due to periodontitis:
- cleans root canals from damaged nerves and blood vessels;
- after which he acts on the focus of inflammation with special drugs;
- installs filling material.
Sometimes dentists resort to surgical treatment - they remove a tooth cyst or granuloma at the root of the tooth. During the operation, the gums are cut, then the damaged areas of the hard tissue of the jaw are cleaned. Then stitches are applied, which are removed after a week.
Periostitis is a purulent accumulation between the bone tissue of the jaw and its dense outer shell - the periosteum, due to inflammation that spreads rapidly.
This disease is popularly known as flux.
With this disease, the toothache is severe and acute.
In addition to having a toothache, other unpleasant symptoms appear:
- the cheek is swollen (gumboil), causing significant damage to the appearance;
- the temperature has risen.
In such a situation, you should take a strong anesthetic pill, and consult a doctor immediately!
What should be done if a tooth kills you during periostitis?
Before visiting a doctor, the following will help you to relieve pain:
- pain relievers for toothache - syrups for children and tablets for adults;
- rinsing the mouth with folk remedies - herbal decoctions (for example, chamomile).
Usually, these measures are enough to partially remove the throbbing toothache.
What the dentist will do if a tooth aches:
- вhe will open and flush the abscess in the jaw;
- he will put a gum drain on him;
- he may prescribe antibiotics.
Photo. This is what a tooth abscess looks like.
For several days, the patient rinses the mouth thoroughly to remove exudate. Then the doctor opens and treats the canals of the diseased teeth.
If the treatment does not give results, the edema remains and the tooth again gets sick - it is removed, after which the abscess is opened.
Pericoronitis is a dental disease in which the gums surrounding the third molar swell and ache, which makes you feel like a tooth hurts.
The jaw hurts on the side of the erupting third molar due to food debris that penetrates under the dental operculum, and subsequently decomposes.
What should be done if a tooth hurts extremely during pericoronitis?
Take the pain pill and quickly get to the dentist's office.
What does the dentist do if the third molar hurts during pericoronaritis:
- cuts off the dental operculum;
- flushes the cavity with special solutions of drugs that have an antibacterial effect;
- if medically required, the dentist removes the third molar.
Photo. Wisdom tooth hood inflammation occurrence scheme.
We have an answer - how to effectively remove a toothache and cure bad teeth. Toothache pills help only temporarily, but they will never remove the real cause of the problem.
If you have a severe toothache and have caries, the specialists of the Lumi-Dent dental clinics will help you to soothe your toothache.
Sign up for free online consultation