Teeth began to loosen
How to remove dental mobility?
- Why do teeth usually loose?
- The reasons - why the teeth are loosening (expanded):
- Physiological and pathological teeth loosening
- Why teeth are loose: all provoking factors
- Diagnostics of the teeth loosening
- What to do if your teeth are loose?
- How can you strengthen your teeth?
- Inflammatory processes
- Orthodontic care
- Surgical treatment
- Splinting of teeth loosening
- Teeth loosening treatment cost
- What to do if all your teeth are loose and aching?
- Is it possible to save teeth if they are loose or if the gums have dropped?
Lebedeva Eugenia Ivanivna, the dentist of the Lumi-Dent dental clinic in Kyiv, will answer this and other questions related to teeth loosening and gum disease.
One of the most common complaints of patients today is dental mobility. Moreover, teeth are often loose in both adults and children.
Why do teeth usually loose?
There are several main reasons for teeth loosening (briefly):
- Traumatic (after impact);
Loose teeth complaints occur mainly in children and the elderly, but similar troubles often arise in the middle-aged people. If you close your eyes to this problem, over time it will bring more and more discomfort, up to the removal of the most mobile teeth.
Below we will look at all the causes, as well as treatments for teeth loosening, in more detail.
Photo. Mobility of teeth with periodontal disease is a common occurrence.
The reasons - why the teeth are loosening (expanded):
- Traumatic - most often teeth loosening occurs with various injuries, after a beat;
- Chewable - loosening when biting an overly hard object while chewing food, or biting something hard (fishing line, wire, etc.);
- Dental. The front or jaw-tooth loosening, on which a filling or crown is installed, which overestimates the bite. In this case, the tooth staggers and hurts until the excessive load on them is eliminated;
- Periodontal teeth loosening – if you have an advanced stage of periodontitis or periodontal disease. As a result of inflammatory or dystrophic diseases of the periodontal tissues in these diseases, teeth are loosened in adults. Due to dystrophy or inflammation - the bony wall of the alveoli that hold the tooth root dissolves, the gums sink, resulting in teeth loosening. It is characteristic that with periodontal disease - the teeth are loosened, but do not hurt, since this is a disease of a degenerative-dystrophic nature. In case of periodontitis, on the contrary - along with mobile teeth, pain is pronounced, the gum hurts when pressed, since the main factor of the disease is infectious inflammation in the gum pockets.
- Age-related - during the period of changing the milk bite to a permanent one. At the beginning of the mobility of baby teeth, they must be promptly removed by the dentist.
"If you notice that your front or back teeth (not baby teeth) are loose, but do not fall out, you need to restore and strengthen them as soon as possible," - recommends the dentist Yulia Mykhaylivna Nagirna.
If pathological teeth loosening quickly appeared, we strongly recommend you immediately consult a dentist, since the movable rows can be a symptom of a wide variety of pathologies, and not always associated with diseases of the oral cavity.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that if the real reason for the precariousness of the dentition is not identified at an early stage and the process is allowed to take its course, then the treatment of teeth loosening will be lengthy, sometimes painful and quite expensive.
Photo. Loose teeth often lead to tooth loss. Creating a temporary adhesive bridge.
At first, many adult patients do not attach importance if their tooth just starts to loose, but does not fall out, since this does not greatly affect their quality of life and is visually completely invisible. However, teeth loosening is dangerous as it can have a rather unpredictable developmental character.
It is extremely important to undergo a preventive examination by a professional who can:
- pinpoint the cause of teeth loosening;
- determine the possible consequences of teeth loosening;
- offer the most optimal way to treat teeth loosening;
- help to strengthen the teeth quickly.
Let's treat the subject at great length on basic types of dental mobility.
Physiological and pathological teeth loosening
The movement of the dentition is almost imperceptible, this problem can only be evidenced by the polished areas between the adjacent front teeth and multicuspidate teeth.
All teeth are mobile during chewing. It is this reflex that allows you to keep them in good condition. The absence of this reflex can lead to the destruction of tooth enamel and bone tissue.
There are special holes in the bones of the upper and lower jaws of a person, and the dental roots are located strictly in individual cells, while they are firmly connected to the jaw bone by a strong and rigid ligamentous structure called the periodontium.
Photo. The structure of the dental unit and surrounding tissues.
Physiological mobility is called a compound that is particularly strong and stable; you can move the dental root by a fraction of a millimeter. Pathological teeth loosening occurs when the range of his oscillatory motion expands.
Why teeth are loose: all provoking factors
A variety of processes and reasons can become the reason for pathological teeth loosening:
- Jaw injury, beat;
- Unbalanced diet, lack of calcium and vitamin C;
- Gum pathology, gingivitis;
- Periodontitis and periodontal disease;
- Significant overload of the periodontium with solid food, bruxism, klenching;
- Congenital anomalies;
- Neoplastic processes in the jaw and gums.
As practice shows, most often dentists have to deal with diseases such as gingivitis and periodontal disease, which cause teeth loosening in adults.
Photo. Loose teeth due to periodontal disease.
In childhood, this is most often associated with problems with the gums, as well as various injuries. Moreover, when changing baby teeth to permanent teeth, children experience active loosening and natural loss of baby teeth.
A similar process is considered physiologically if it is timely. But if a child has several loose teeth at once, and this is accompanied by a toothache, it is necessary to show him to an experienced dentist.
General recommendation: If you take care of the oral cavity, and suddenly notice that at least one tooth is displaced relative to the neighboring ones by more than 1 mm - try to give up hard and viscous food for a while, do not use a toothbrush (rinsing is enough) - until examination of your oral cavity by a specialist.
Diagnostics of the teeth loosening
"When a single dental mobility begins, there is often a risk of losing a tooth. However, by contacting a professional in time, there is always an opportunity to keep your dentition intact," - recommends the dentist Yulia Mykhaylivna Nagirna.
Depending on the cause of your abnormal teeth loosening, you may also need help of:
Photo. Reception of a patient at Lumi-Dent.
We offer all our adult patients with teeth loosening to start treatment with a high-quality X-ray examination:
- TRG (teleradiography) in lateral projection;
- CT of the jaw (computed tomography);
- orthopantomograms (panoramic image of the entire jaw).
X-ray examination is necessary for examining the condition of the maxillofacial region, as this allows you to identify all pathologies:
- osteoporosis of the jaws;
- retention (not erupted) units of the dentition;
- other structural abnormalities.
Photo. Diagnostics of the mobility of teeth in the clinic Lumi-Dent Kiev.
The doctor can establish an accurate diagnosis and start treating the patient only after a careful examination and study of radiographic data.
As a rule, a specialist:
- thoroughly examines the gingival and periodontal pockets;
- establishes the degree of pathological mobility of the teeth;
- draws up a detailed treatment plan;
- appoints a set of measures to eliminate the problem.
If necessary, blood tests, computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging can be additionally assigned to the diagnosis.
What to do if your teeth are loose?
In modern dentistry, the following general ways of reducing the mobility of loose teeth can be distinguished:
- Therapeutic elimination of periodontitis or gingivitis;
- Orthodontic treatment;
- Surgical intervention.
As a rule, dentists most often resort to splinting in such cases, however, an integrated approach is always the key to an effective and successful treatment result.
It is clear that the treatment of precariousness is compiled exclusively on an individual basis, since it all depends on:
- causes of teeth loosening;
- the number of movable teeth;
- the degree of mobility;
- location of the problem area;
- the age of the patient is of great importance for a good result of strengthening teeth loosening.
When you turn to the "Lumi-Dent" dental clinics in Kyiv for help, you can be sure of the professionalism of each of our doctors, who will offer the most advanced, effective and safe way to eliminate the disease.
How can you strengthen your teeth?
Lumi-Dent dental clinic has a whole arsenal of modern methods of strengthening mobile teeth:
- Vector therapy;
- Plasmolifting procedures to accelerate tissue healing and strengthen the gums;
- Ozonation sessions;
- Laser treatment of periodontal pockets;
- Selective grinding of dentition;
- Removal of nerves and filling of canals;
- Rational prosthetics;
- Regular professional hygiene;
- General treatment of oral cavity.
Even in people who take good care of their oral cavity, molars can begin to wobble.
The corners of the mouth and the back of the jaws are not easy to clean, which is why microscopic food debris and microorganisms often accumulate there, which are an excellent breeding ground for microbes.
The process of teeth loosening starts almost painlessly - with the usual inflammation of the gums, but very soon you can detect mobility (you can feel it with your tongue or touching it with your fingers). An additional symptom of inflammation is the appearance of bleeding gums.
In the early stages, if the inflammation is immediately treated by a professional, the teeth can always be saved. For this, the gingival pocket is sanitized, delicately cleaned of microbial film and layers.
Then, individual measures are taken to restore gum tissue, recalcify bone holes in the jaws, etc. As a result, the loose tooth is strengthened and stabilized.
For loose molars, which must be able to withstand a fairly strong chewing load, it may be helpful to have a bridge or splint during treatment.
Photo. Correction of malocclusion with a bracket system.
Such specialists are needed if the front teeth are loose.
Such a phenomenon is by no means uncommon against the background of an incorrect bite and when an incorrect formation of the dental formula is noted (for example, when the upper jaw becomes too small and the incisors "deviate" back).
If the front teeth are loose - in these cases, the treatment plan is always drawn up individually. As a rule, different orthodontic constructions and models of bracket systems can stop loosening of the anterior teeth and restore stability.
Photo. Surgical removal of the wisdom retention molar.
The possibilities of surgery in terms of eliminating pathological dental mobility are very limited; qualified specialists try not to bring them to surgical interventions.
But patients come at different stages of the disease - therefore sometimes it is necessary to seek help from dental surgeons.
For example, if the molar is loose, sometimes it is necessary to "pave" a new path for the retention molar growing with great delay.
Surgery is also used in situations where a movable tooth can no longer be saved:
- in the presence of chronic periodontal disease;
- if there are aggravated large dental cysts;
- for injuries with root splitting.
Splinting of teeth loosening
Photo. Splinting of the dentition on the lower jaw.
Splinting is a very good and effective method by which loose teeth can be strengthened until the cause of the pathological mobility is eliminated.
The essence of the splinting procedure is that in a person's mouth several teeth (including the loose one) are connected into a "monolithic structure".
Thus, the chewing load can be evenly distributed over a large area, thereby creating conditions for the restoration of a weakened periodontium.
- a special tape is applied on the inside of the oral cavity;
- the tape is fixed on top with a photopolymer dental filling.
The splint is invisible to others and does not interfere with the normal work of the doctor.
Modern splinting mixes contain inert polymeric materials and special components that help restore the stability of the dentition.
Remember that any self-treatment without an accurate diagnosis is a delay in time and a decrease in the likelihood of saving teeth, which are still only loosening.
Today "Lumi-Dent" dental clinics in Kyiv:
- occupy a leading position in the provision of dental services;
- use the most advanced technologies;
- offer only innovative and effective treatment methods.
If your gums are swollen, your toothache is very loose and aching, sign up for a consultation without postponing the problem.
Photo. Plasmolifting is an excellent tool - how to strengthen the gums.
- have the highest level of qualifications and training;
- undergo internships and courses regularly;
- will always help you in solving any dental problems.
- know how to strengthen the gums;
- consult you competently;
- help to identify the reason for which the teeth are loose;
- help you to keep your teeth loosening in the most painless and effective way in the shortest possible time.
Dentists of Lumi-Dent clinics have at their disposal not only the relevant skills and experience, but also the most innovative equipment.
Photo. Vector therapy apparatus.
Teeth loosening treatment cost
In our dental clinics in Kyiv, the cost of treatment is always fully justified by the highest quality of work performed and the level of professionalism of each of our doctors.
At the bottom of this page you will find the prices for the services.
You can also find the cost of all types of dental services provided by us in the section "Prices for Dentistry".
You can read the comments and watch the video reviews of our clients in the section of our website "About the clinic" → "REVIEWS of dentistry".
You can get more detailed information about the cost of teeth loosening treatment at Lumi-Dent dental clinics after consultation with our specialists, who will conduct an examination free of charge and give you all the further necessary recommendations.
Sign up for free online consultation