Swollen gums - [What to do]?
- What to do if the gum near the tooth is swollen?
- Causes of swollen gums
- What to do if the gums are swollen?
- Sore and swollen gums near the tooth of the eight tooth
- Gums swollen after tooth extraction
- Important: if the gum is swollen - what should be done and what should not be done?
- Dental causes of gum swelling
- Swollen gums due to gingivitis
- Swollen gums between teeth
- The gums are swollen with stomatitis
- Swollen gums due to periodontitis
- The gum is swollen due to a fistula
- Swollen gum between front teeth
- Non-dental causes
- What to do? Whom should I contact?
- The gum near the tooth hurts or does not hurt
- How to treat swollen gums?
- How to handle a medical emergency for swollen gums?
- If the gums are swollen, only a dentist can stop it
- Preparation and treatment
- The gums swelled during pregnancy
- If the gums are swollen in a child
- The gum is swollen from the tooth of the figure eight - what to do?
- Treatment for swollen gums in adults and teenagers
- Treatment of inflammation: the latest technologies
What to do if the gum near the tooth is swollen?
It is difficult to imagine a person smiling like a Hollywood star, with a swollen cheek due to inflammation around a decayed tooth, which also hurts.
Yes, such a problem as swollen gums is not uncommon today, and it occurs both in children, adolescents, and in adult men and women. It is not uncommon for swollen gums to hurt during pregnancy.
Moreover, many diseases in which the gums in the mouth are swollen remain the most difficult in the practice of modern dentistry.
Swollen gums can and should be dealt with, but not alone.
- What to do if the gum is inflamed near the tooth;
- How to rinse the mouth at home when the gums are swollen, -
- let's look at this article.
Photo. The work process of the dentist therapist Lebedeva E., dentistry Lumi-Dent.
Causes of swollen gums
They are very diverse, the gums can swell:
- when a tooth hurts under a crown;
- near the third molar;
- during pregnancy;
- after filling the tooth;
- and hurt between the teeth;
- around the tooth if a filling has fallen out of it;
- during injury (along with the gum, the lip is also swollen);
- in a child.
Below we will analyze in detail:
- all causes of gingival edema;
- we will tell you how to rinse when the gums swell;
- we will find out what treatment is needed in each situation.
What to do if the gums are swollen?
To determine the cause of inflammation - why the gums are swollen - you need to deal with the symptoms.
The nature of the inflammatory process, when the gums are inflamed, can be represented in one of three forms:
- If a slightly swollen gum hurts slightly, does not bleed, and has slightly changed color, then the source of inflammation is most likely traumatic or physiological. Sometimes a change in the usual hormonal background (pregnancy) leads to such conditions. The reason that the gums are swollen may be in the wrong toothbrush. Be careful: slight swelling can be the beginning of serious inflammation if the cause is dental or soft tissue disease;
- The gum is swollen, does not hurt, and there are no external signs on the face yet. So, you should hurry to the dentist: the pathology can still be stopped by antiseptic treatment and a short procedural course (relevant for a pregnant woman);
- If the gum is very swollen, bleeding, interferes with eating and reduces the quality of life, go to the dental clinic immediately. Such edema is a consequence of a serious inflammatory phenomenon, which may just about develop (if it has not yet passed) into a purulent stage.
Why did the gum swell slightly, we figured it out, but because of what the area can be very swollen? All the reasons why the gum over the tooth was inflated can be divided into:
- dental (the gums are swollen due to tartar or crowns, malocclusion, dental diseases, eights erupt);
- household - food stuck in the teeth;
Dental causes of swollen gums:
- insufficient attention to oral hygiene;
- vitamin deficiency;
- a destroyed tooth is a focus of infection, swelling of the gums may occur due to suppuration of the cyst on the root (a flux will appear);
- improper brushing of teeth;
- the gums may swell due to food getting stuck between the teeth;
- dental stones.
There is a whole series of pathologies accompanied by edema, in which the gums ache and swell.
Photo. Dental equipment of Lumi-Dent clinic.
Sore and swollen gums near the tooth of the eight tooth
The simplest (and often obvious) answer to the question of why the gums are swollen is a wisdom tooth. When the eight tooth erupts, the gum often swells at the place of its appearance - the so-called pericoronitis. The simplest (and often obvious) answer to the question of why the gums are swollen is a wisdom tooth. When the eight tooth erupts, the gum often swells at the place of its appearance - the so-called pericoronitis.
What is the reason that the gum is very swollen under the eighth tooth?
A swollen gum on the wisdom molar occurs due to stagnation of food debris under it, on which the infection begins to actively multiply.
In some cases, the situation when the gum is swollen near the eights is normal (if it grows correctly, neighboring teeth do not interfere with it, its germ is not affected by infection in the subgingival space), but this is more of a rarity than a rule.
Most often, the gum swells near the eight tooth from its eruption:
- the tooth has nowhere to appear - it presses on the root of the neighboring one, causing inflammation;
- the rudiment of the eight is already affected by caries due to the lack of prevention of plaque and calculus, therefore it is destroyed right under the mucosa (the gum near the tooth pulsates and hurts);
- the eighth tooth, trying to “get out”, forms such a strong stress for the body that, having weakened, it succumbs to any infection present in it.
Photo. Eight teeth on an orthopantomogram.
Gums swollen after tooth extraction
Another more or less obvious reason for the appearance of bumps in the mouth is poor-quality tooth extraction.
- at least a tiny fragment of a destroyed root remained in the hole;
- infection during the procedure;
- you have eaten or rinsed out a protective blood clot,
– the gum will swell at the place of removal, the chances of inflammation will rush to the maximum.
How to understand that a swollen gum hurts precisely from a complication, and not a normal consequence of a tooth extraction:
- the gum has swollen since the surgical extraction of the tooth, more than three days have passed, and the inflammation does not subside;
- there is an increase in body temperature (lasts 3-5 days);
- the general condition worsens (not only the swollen mouth is disturbing, but also chills, aches, as with a cold);
- pus is released from the hole, swollen gums are painful;
- redness and swelling spread from the place of tooth extraction to neighboring ones.
Photo. The work process of the dentist therapist Lenko I.
Important: if the gum is swollen - what should be done and what should not be done?
What to do if the gums are swollen and sore:
- You should immediately consult a doctor - the body has already experienced stress (that is, weakened), without professional help, the condition will only worsen;
- Before visiting a doctor:
- take pain pills
- rinse your mouth with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and saline solutions (Listerine, Miramistin, Oracept, Rotokan);
- if food gets stuck in the teeth, clean the interdental spaces with floss (dental floss), and then rinse the area well.
What can not be done:
- Do not try to clean the wound at the site of swelling yourself with a brush or (especially) improvised tools such as tweezers. This can cause bleeding, lead to the spread of infection into the bone, damage to deep tissues;
- It is detrimental to health to try self-treatment of gums at home with antibiotics, or other drugs.
Dental causes of gum swelling
If you didn’t remove your teeth, the eight teeth were removed a long time ago, and the gum hurts and swelled, then the reason is probably in diseases of the oral cavity.
Dentistry knows all the diseases in which the gums have become inflamed, without exception:
- periodontitis (complicated form of gingivitis);
- tooth cyst;
- fistula on the gum;
- a condition that non-specialists often call a flux (a complication of periostitis).
Photo. The work result of the dentist of the Lumi-Dent clinic Nagirna Y.
Swollen gums due to gingivitis
Gingivitis - literally translated just means inflammation of the gingival mucosa - can occur against the background of:
- deep caries of teeth;
- other pathologies.
It can be chronic or acute, in the first case, the gum swells periodically, most often in the off-season, when the body lacks vitamins, or after stress, lack of sleep, overwork.
With gingivitis, the soft tissues usually do not bleed (at least not to the point where it is conspicuous).
There may also be no soreness, the disease gives out a lack of localization: if the gum is swollen from the inside along the entire jaw or from above and below, then you should go to the dentist-therapist, most likely, he will diagnose gingivitis.
Swollen gums between teeth
If the gum is inflamed in the gap between the teeth, this brings severe discomfort:
- it hurts to chew on the affected teeth;
- often between the teeth clogged food, which further increases the swelling of the gums in the interdental space.
The most common causes of swollen gums between teeth are:
- Caries - the cavity in the interdental space is destroyed by tight contact;
- Sagging of an old filling, or breakage of a crown;
- The appearance of gaps between the teeth after tooth extraction.
What to do if the gums between the teeth are swollen:
- restore the interdental gap (place a filling, change the crown);
- conduct anti-inflammatory therapy (rinse, apply Metrogyl Denta ointment).
The gums are swollen with stomatitis
Stomatitis is a pathology of a not fully understood nature, often observed in adolescents during the hormonal "boom" and expectant mothers.
It has a viral or fungal nature, accompanied by severe pain. If the gum is swollen and sore, and its surface is covered with small ulcers, this is most likely aphthous stomatitis.
Symptoms of stomatitis:
- discoloration of fabrics (from red to greenish, depending on the shape);
- local or general increase in body temperature;
- white coating on the tongue;
- pain when hot, cold, salty, etc. gets on the mucous membranes.
Although dentistry has not yet fully studied this disease, they already know how to treat it.
At home, however, this seems hardly possible:
- with bacterial stomatitis, a course of antibiotics is required;
- with fungal - antifungal drugs;
- with viral - antiviral drugs and ointments.
Swollen gums due to periodontitis
Periodontitis is the next stage of damage to the periodontal tissue following gingivitis, it requires a rather long complex treatment.
With it, against the background of swollen gums, an adult may develop tooth mobility, there is a high probability of exposing their necks.
In such conditions, the risk of infection of periodontal pockets near the teeth increases, and the development of a complicated disease.
Swollen gums with periodontitis are very disturbing, the teeth are very sensitive.
What you need to do:
- remove inflammation;
- splinting of teeth;
- vitamin therapy;
- laser treatment.
It is necessary to contact a periodontist dentist: advanced periodontitis is the most common cause of the loss of one, several, or even all teeth.
Periodontitis is an inflammation of the periodontal tissues surrounding the tooth roots, not to be confused with periodontitis. With periodontitis, the gums swell less often than with gingivitis, but the tooth almost always hurts, especially when biting.
The most common provocateurs of periodontitis are pulpitis and complicated caries, delayed treatment will eventually lead to painful inflammation and loss of the diseased tooth.
Photo. Tooth flux.
The gum is swollen due to a fistula
If the gum is inflamed over a tooth that is destroyed or has already made itself felt with pain when pressed, there is a high risk that the patient develops a fistula.
The accumulated subgingival pus looks for a way out, and finds it through a hole in the swollen gums. Before the opening of the fistula, the tooth often worries, after the pus comes out through the fistula, the pain can go away completely.
In this case, there may not be pain, the swollen gums remain swollen and change color to purple.
Typical signs of a fistula:
- the inflammation is severe, the gums are swollen locally around one tooth;
- palpable pulsation;
- feeling of pressure when bending over;
- temperature increase;
- if a flux appears instead of a fistula (the periosteum is already affected, the pus has not found a way out), then there is a noticeable whitish bump on the swollen gum.
The flux can also proceed without a fistula if the infection acts "selectively", affecting the periosteum.
Then the inflammation will be mild, and a whitish bump (single or multiple, like the head of furunculus) in the area of infection will indicate the disease.
In this case, there is also a change in the color of the mucous membrane, soreness, a strong feeling of pressure. With a tooth abscess, help is urgently needed: next to the maxillary sinuses, the brain, with blood or lymph, a dangerous infection can get anywhere, and the consequences of its destructive action are difficult to predict.
The place where the gum is swollen near the tooth, in such a situation it is necessary:
- to clean up well;
- to disinfect;
- to put a drain in the gum to ensure that all the pus comes out.
Only after that it will be possible to remove the problematic tooth or treat the tooth root.
Swollen gum between front teeth
If the gum is swollen at the back at the end of the lower jaw or at the site of the eruption of the wisdom tooth, the source of the problem is most likely an infection that has penetrated deep into.
However, the pressure between the front teeth often indicates mechanical damage. It happens after:
- poor-quality filling in the smile area;
- incorrect denture delivery;
- the gum between the teeth often hurts after eating fish with a lot of bones;
- minor injury.
If the gum between the teeth is inflamed, the problem can be solved quite simply and quickly (the faster and easier the sooner the patient is in the dental chair).
The area where the gum is swollen near the tooth should be treated with an antiseptic, the source of trauma should be eliminated and a course of rinsing should be completed.
You should not wait until a fragment of a dental filling left by an inept specialist leads to the development of chronic inflammation.
It’s better to fix everything right away, and then it won’t arise:
- the risk of gingivitis;
- improper bite of teeth;
- improper distribution of chewing load (a common cause of oral diseases).
Photo. Computer Anesthesia STA.
The human body is an amazing creation of nature: everything in it is interconnected and works as a single mechanism.
That is why frozen toes respond with a sore throat, severe stress is accompanied by hair loss, and vitamin deficiency can cause not only general weakness and colds, but also swollen gums.
Do not forget that pregnancy is often accompanied by short disruptions, hormonal shocks, which can also cause painful conditions when the gums swell.
This must be understood in order to know which doctor to contact first if there is swelling above the tooth and pain in the gums.
The gum swells in people suffering from:
- metabolic disorders;
- diseases associated with HIV;
- bronchial asthma and other types of allergies.
What to do? Whom should I contact?
How to understand which specialist to contact if the gum is swollen near the tooth?
If the gum becomes inflamed and it hurts a lot around the tooth, feel free to go to the Lumi-Dent dental clinics.
In any case, after an interview, examination, history taking, the dentist, if necessary, will redirect you to an allergist, immunologist, and rheumatologist (having previously provided first aid).
If the general condition is significantly worsened and swollen gums are a clear sign of systemic disorders, you should first go to your general practitioner or family doctor.
This requires teamwork with the participation of a dentist, but your doctor should recommend your visit to the dentist.
Photo. Dentist therapist Skubak O. at work.
The gum near the tooth hurts or does not hurt
A common mistake is to ignore the signs of incipient inflammation due to the absence of pain.
Yes, it happens that the gum is swollen, but does not hurt: this means that the problem has either already flowed into the chronic form, or has only recently manifested itself, but earlier the struggle was internal.
In the first case, complex treatment is already necessary, because the chronic form is dangerous with mild symptoms combined with irreversible consequences.
“Catching” the disease at the stage of inception means significantly reducing treatment and minimizing the risks of complications.
The sooner you start the fight for oral health, the better any preventive programs and solutions will work.
How to treat swollen gums?
Traditional Remedies, the wise old systems of healing form India and China are good, effective and efficient, but it is acting only as a preventive care or support.
In other words, at home, it is impossible to help a person whose gums are already swollen and the whole mouth hurts at a good level. Traditional Remedies and recommendations of Ayurveda in this case can be used only in one of three options:
- to provide first-aid treatment - relieve inflammation, strengthen immunity, eliminate vitamin deficiency (which, by the way, does not happen at one time with a vitamin complex);
- as a support after consultation with the doctor (he will recommend natural formulations to rinse, if appropriate);
- to prevent future exacerbations.
Photo. Dentist-therapist of the Lumi-Dent clinic in the process of work.
How to handle a medical emergency for swollen gums?
If a person already needs help (his gums are swollen), you can apply a number of improvised methods and techniques, not forgetting that all these are temporary measures necessary to maintain the condition until the patient gets to the doctor.
The simplest set of steps includes:
- accurate hygiene without pressure and friction;
- rinsing with soda-salt solution;
- cooling the problem area.
If the gums are swollen and there is no soda in the house, you can brew chamomile, mint, dry sage, let it brew and rinse your mouth (just dial, hold and spit it out).
There is probably a universal anaesthetic in the home first aid kit - it can be taken to remove severe pain.
First aid rules at home when you, a child, or someone else in the family has swollen gums:
- do not warm the inflammation, this will only provoke an exacerbation (if you rinse, then with solutions at room temperature, compresses are chilled);
- to relieve swelling, apply ice wrapped in a napkin or handkerchief from the outside;
- foreign objects (tweezers, scissors, tongs - as our practice shows, the fantasy of patients suffering from severe pain knows no bounds) do not go into the mouth;
- it is advisable to disinfect the oral cavity immediately after brushing your teeth (you can rinse with strong alcohol, just do not swallow it - alcohol dulls the pain, but when its effect wears off, and it happens quickly, it will get much worse). A much better option is to rinse your mouth with tooth rinses such as Oracept or Listerine, such drugs should always be in your home medicine cabinet.
You should not postpone going to the dentist if your gums swell, in the Lumi-Dent dental clinics network we will accept you without an appointment during working hours, by ambulance.
Photo. In the process of patient treating at the Lumi-Dent clinic, doctor Kurochkin S.
If the gums are swollen, only a dentist can stop it
If a sick person (pregnant woman, child, adult) has not been helped by prevention care, and the gums in the mouth are clearly swollen, he needs to see a dentist.
Lumi-Dent dental clinics will immediately help him relieve discomfort, determine the causes of the disease, and plan treatment.
The latter in the case of swollen gums will always be complex, but more on that below. Below we will analyze the plan of therapeutic actions, which includes at least four points:
- Professional diagnostics: the specialist must clearly determine what preceded the situation when the gum was swollen in order to verify the pathology and select the best means of assistance;
- Remove the primary symptoms that greatly reduce the quality of human life (decontamination, drainage of abscesses, anesthesia, urgent elimination of the source of suppuration, if possible);
- Preliminary treatment: any inflammation indicates a weakening of the body, which is often caused by dental diseases. If the teeth are affected by caries, the bite is severely disturbed, the wisdom tooth is erupting, measures must be taken;
- Actually, the treatment of swollen gums is hardware, medical, using modern technologies that have been repeatedly tested in the best clinics in the world.
Photo. Before and after the work of the dentist of our clinic
To determine the cause of the disease, the doctor will conduct a full-fledged interview: try to answer his questions as detailed as possible, this will speed up the treatment.
Be sure to tell what preceded the exacerbation:
- dental treatment;
- the first tasting of dishes of an unfamiliar cuisine;
- severe stress;
- other reasons.
At the second stage of diagnosis, the dentist will conduct an objective examination, which will allow him to verify the stage of development of the pathology and more accurately identify its provocateur.
The third step is examinations: to identify the causes of the situation when the gums are swollen, both instrumental studies (radiography, computed tomography, Lumi-Dent clinics use safe, painless computer scanning technologies) and laboratory studies can be carried out.
If purulent inflammation of the mucosa occurs, a blood test may be required (if the cause lies very deep, it would be useful to check the hormonal background).
Preparation and treatment
It is important to understand: any inflammation (especially if it is accompanied by pain, fever, general weakening) is already an SOS signal of the body.
This means that the immune system has been struggling with something for a long time and suffers a crushing defeat, in which case help is needed where it began.
The trouble can be identified by the following symptoms:
- if the gum is swollen near the destroyed tooth, with a high degree of probability, the reason is precisely in it;
- swelling throughout the lower jaw, often on the inside - it is worth assuming progressive gingivitis or periodontitis;
- the gum is swollen near the third molar and - most likely, it is he who causes the inflammatory process;
- if there is swelling of the gums between the teeth, it is necessary to clean the interdental spaces from possible food sticking. It is also necessary to exclude inflammation at the top of the tooth roots (to take an x-ray), since in this case endodontic treatment of the dental canals is necessary.
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to eliminate the cause of inflammation:
- cure a tooth affected by caries;
- conduct a comprehensive cleaning of tartar;
- remove a wisdom tooth;
- treat the wound if the cause of the swollen gums is a burn or injury.
In any case, antiseptic treatment of the affected area and anesthesia are required (we provide assistance in conditions of maximum comfort for the patient - once he gets to the doctor, he will no longer endure pain).
The choice of methods for treating inflammation of the mucosa depends on the results of the diagnosis, the age and condition of the patient.
The dentist should consider:
- features of the physiology of the patient (allergy, diabetes, drug intolerance);
- his financial capacity;
- the character of the patient (particularly anxious people can undergo the required invasive manipulations in a state of drug-induced sleep, for example).
Photo. Computer Anesthesia STA.
Comprehensive professional care for inflammatory processes in the mouth always involves more than one visit to the dentist.
The gingival mucosa is not teeth, it is impossible to cure them in one approach, a course is required, which can last from 1-2 weeks to several months.
Moreover, this is another serious reason to contact the clinic as early as possible: the treatment of inflammatory processes always takes less time if it is started in the early stages.
The gums swelled during pregnancy
If you are planning or if you are already pregnant, it becomes especially important to exclude any diseases of the oral cavity in the first months.
That is why it is recommended to undergo a preventive examination by a dentist even when planning offspring (before pregnancy occurs), and therefore they must be sent for prophylaxis to dentistry at least twice while the pregnancy is ongoing - in the first weeks and in the II trimester.
However, the possibility of hormonal disruptions, allergies, infections cannot be ruled out, even if the pregnant woman is under constant close monitoring. If a young woman has swelling of the mucosa near her teeth at any time during pregnancy, she should immediately seek help.
Given the pregnancy and its duration, the doctor will select the most gentle, safe and effective treatment (or perform manipulations that will help relieve acute symptoms, and transfer the treatment procedures to the time after childbirth, if they are very close).
Photo. The use of a 3D scanner during treatment.
If the gums are swollen in a child
Treatment of children should be urgent: in the child's body, all processes proceed faster, and inflammation is no exception.
If an adult can take weeks from mild inflammation to the formation of abscesses, then if the gums of a child are swollen, these are days, and sometimes hours.
In order to avoid consequences (considering that any such exacerbations near the brain are extremely dangerous), you should take the child to the doctor, barely noticing redness and swelling of the mucosa, and even a slight malaise.
What will a pediatric dentist do to a child:
- treat the area of inflammation and the entire oral cavity;
- relieve pain (and tell you how to relieve them after therapy at home);
- teach your child how to brush his or her teeth properly;
- carefully examine the small mouth and quickly remove the source of the problem if it is a stuck bone or other food debris that is inaccessible to the toothbrush;
- recommend light, safe formulations for ointments or rinses (depending on diagnosis);
- prescribe a treatment for swollen gums to a child (with children's gingivitis or periodontitis).
Photo. Dentist at Lumi-Dent Clinic Kurochkin S. at work.
If the mucous membrane of the child has already festered, the doctor will definitely clean the pockets and prescribe antibiotics - this is the case when complex treatment is necessary.
It concerns not only children, but also adults, and in some cases, expectant mothers.
The gum is swollen from the tooth of the figure eight - what to do?
If the gum is swollen behind the eighth tooth - pericoronitis has arisen - first of all, the dentist surgeon:
- wash the pocket well from food and microbes (this cannot be achieved by ordinary rinsing!);
- prescribe you to rinse your mouth;
- recommend topical antibacterial ointments (for example, Metrogyl Denta).
If these measures do not help, and the swelling of the gums behind the figure-eight tooth will increase, it will be necessary to cut off its overhanging piece (hood), under reliable local anesthesia.
Excision of the hood will immediately remove the stagnation of food, inflammation and pain. In our clinics, the removal of the hood is done with a laser, the mucous membrane heals very quickly after laser exposure, and practically does not bother even on the day of the operation.
If in addition there is caries in the eighth tooth, or it grows incorrectly, it is better to remove it.
Treatment for swollen gums in adults and teenagers
Modern methods of treatment are divided into three main groups:
- drug therapy;
- supporting programs;
- instrumental-hardware methods.
In the first case, various compositions for rinsing, ointments, antiseptic and disinfecting gels, tablets (including antibiotics) are used.
Supportive therapy is diets, physiotherapy procedures, and vitamin complexes - everything that is needed to strengthen the immune system and prevent new exacerbations.
In some cases (when inflammation is not due to teeth or infection that has penetrated through the mucous membranes into soft tissues, but internal organs that synthesize hormones), hormone therapy may be recommended.
However, a dentist no longer prescribes it, but by an immunologist - you need to go to him after acute symptoms are removed in the dentistry department.
Photo. Dentist Nagirna Y. at work.
Treatment of inflammation: the latest technologies
Instrumental-hardware methods of combating inflammatory processes are a complex of modern methods and techniques that allow you to achieve a complex effect when the gums are swollen.
In the Lumi-Dent dental clinics network, swollen gums are treated using modern safe technological solutions.
- Plasmolifting is an injection procedure that involves the introduction into the mucosa of one's own plasma, isolated from the patient's blood. Plasmolifting provides an improvement in the condition of the mucosa, acceleration of metabolic processes for the rapid removal of infection, strengthening one's own defenses;
- Ozonation is another revolutionary technology. Ozone - a gas that can penetrate even into bone tissue under the influence of an electromagnetic field - has a beneficial effect on the entire oral cavity. Exposure to ozone reduces bleeding, accelerates regeneration, and strengthens the gingival membrane. The procedure favorably affects the work of the cardiovascular system, other internal systems and organs;
- Surgical treatment of swollen gums under a microscope. This is an effective help in cases where the gums are swollen after unprofessional dental treatment has been carried out.
Photo. The patient with his attending dentist therapist Lebedeva E.
This is not a complete list - Lumi-Dent dental clinics network uses many de facto unique methods for accelerated complex dental treatment in Kyiv, and inflammation of the oral mucosa.
Here they know how to help a patient with swollen gums, at any age, and guarantee safe treatment during the pregnancy.
The causes of swelling of the gums inside the teeth can be:
- general inflammation of the gums (gingivitis, periodontitis);
- breakage of the inner part of the tooth;
- the exit of the fistula to the lingual side of the gums with inflammation on the tooth root.
For any reason, the sooner you make an appointment with a dentist, the better.
If the gum near the tooth is inflamed, at home you can do the following flattening:
- Antiseptic solutions: chlorhexidine, miramistin, any mouthwash (listerine, miramistin, orasept);
- Anti-inflammatory preparations: chamomile, sage, St. John's wort, Rotokan mixture;
- A solution of soda with salt. Half a teaspoon of soda and a couple of pinches of salt in a glass of warm water.
The most common cause is food getting stuck in the interdental space. Try flossing the area of stuck food, and then rinse.
Causes of food getting stuck between teeth:
- Old fillings;
- Teeth that have been previously removed. This results in less tight contact between the remaining teeth.
Sign up for free online consultation